THE BEST MID-MAJOR POKER TOUR IN THE WORLD HITS IT OUT OF THE PARK AGAIN!
19 Events, More Than $8,000,000 in Guarantees, New Stops Players Won’t Want To Miss
Los Angeles, CA (November 10, 2016) – WPTDeepStacks (WPTDS) is proud to announce the first half of its schedule for Season 4, and players can now start booking plane tickets, planning hotel reservations, and gathering their bankrolls for the first batch of highly anticipated events.
With 10 events over the first six months of 2017, WPTDS is once again the ultimate mid-major poker series for players all over North America.
“Season 4 of WPTDeepStacks is building off of Season 3’s immense success,” said WPTDeepStacks President Chris Torina. “The tour had a number of record-breaking events, including a massive 1,684-player field at Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino in Florida. All of our partner properties treat our players exceptionally well, ensuring our players always get the VIP experience. No other series at this level comes close to offering the quality, excitement, and player-friendly structures that WPTDS does. Book your travel now because you are not going to want to miss any of Season 4’s amazing events.”
• The first half of the WPTDS Season 4 schedule includes truly can’t-miss events such as the $1 million guaranteed main event kickoff hosted at the amazing Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino in Hollywood, FL. In Season 3, the series attracted a record for Florida with 1,684 entries.
• Staying in Florida, the third installment of WPTDS Jacksonville takes place in February at bestbet, where players will be treated to a $300,000 guaranteed Main Event at one of the best venues for poker in the industry.
• As a new addition, WPTDS will travel to Maryland Live! for the first time ever. Players will enjoy a $300,000 guaranteed main event, competitive side events, and top-notch hospitality at one of the East Coast’s premier poker venues.
• Heading up the East Coast, WPTDS will return to Parx Casino in Pennsylvania for what plans to be another massive WPTDS BigStax series, featuring a $1,600 Main Event and a $2,500 High Roller.
• Heading west, the player-friendly Atlantis Casino Resort Spa will play host to WPTDS in Reno. Not only will those in attendance be able to participate in a world-class poker tournament series without breaking the bank, but players can enjoy the exciting March Madness action at the venue’s world-famous sports book.
• Going back to sunny Florida, the WPTDS summer series at the beautiful Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino in Tampa will offer world-class events for players needing a break from the grind of Las Vegas.
WPTDS Season 4 kicks off at Jan. 19, 2017, as part of the Lucky Hearts Poker Open with the featured $1 million guaranteed main event.
“Our partnership with WPTDeepStacks has played a vital role in the success for three Seminole Gaming properties throughout the year,” said Larry Frank, General Manager of Poker, Seminole Gaming. “We look forward to Chris Torina and his team making their way down South to kick off Season 4 of the WPTDS tour. After a record-breaking January in Hollywood last year and the introduction to Tampa in June, we’re excited to further offer these world-class events for our players.”
Please view the first half of the Season 4 schedule below. The second half of the schedule plans to be released in December.
• January 19-24 | Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino | Hollywood, FL
• February 8-28 | Parx Casino | Bensalem, PA
• March 2-13 | bestbet | Jacksonville, FL
• March 10-20 | Grey Eagle Resort & Casino | Calgary, Alberta*
• March 16-27 | Atlantis Casino Resort Spa | Reno, NV
• March 31-April 10 | Casino Yellowhead | Edmonton, Alberta*
• April 8-17 | Thunder Valley Casino Resort | Lincoln, CA
• April 14-24 | Maryland Live! | Hanover, MD
• May 8-15 | Turlock Poker Room & Casino | Turlock, CA
• June 8-19 | Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino | Tampa, FL
*For more information on DSPT-only Canadian events, please visit DeepStacks.net.
Make sure to subscribe to the WPTDS YouTube channel for live streams, video recaps, behind-the-scenes exclusives, and interviews with the top names in poker and all of our champions.
Visit WPTDeepStacks.com for more information.
WPTDS Media Contact
WPTDeepStacks (WPTDS) is the one-of-a-kind partnership between the world’s most established poker tour, World Poker Tour® and the world’s fastest growing poker tour, DeepStacks Poker Tour. Focused primarily on the “mid-major” poker market, WPTDS is designed to reach a mainstream demographic and provide the best live tournament experience for our players and casino partners alike. WPTDS works with the most prestigious casino brands in the industry and boasts a world class, highly knowledgeable executive team with over 50 years of gaming and poker experience that is fully involved in every phase of creating and delivering an unsurpassed live event.